Join the HomeVet Team
DescriptionWe are looking for an experienced veterinarian to join our small and friendly team to treat pets in the comfort of their own home. This is a unique opportunity for individuals excited by providing an exceptional and tailored service, where advising clients on pet welfare and education is as important as patient treatment. This is a fully remote opportunity where you will be travelling to your client’s location within the Amsterdam and Amstelveen region.
About usHomeVet was founded in 2019 by two vets (Heleen Frensdorff and Delphine Vromman-Ural) who wanted to offer a truly exceptional and tailored service to clients in the Amsterdam area. Since our founding we have treated thousands of pets and achieved a perfect 5 star ranking on Google Reviews. HomeVet’s customers come from all over the world, and value the convenience of our exclusive home service as well as the quality of our client interactions. As a fully remote service, we spend 3-4 more time per patient than a typical clinic, and take extra time to advise clients on pet welfare, education, and anything else of importance to our clients!
Your responsibilitiesHomeVet has grown rapidly over the past 2 ½ years, and the time has come to grow our team. The ideal person will have 5+ years treating patients and is now looking for an experience where exceptional service to clients and their pets is highly valued. Your responsibilities include:
- Daily to travel to client locations in the Amsterdam area
- Examining pets (primarily cats and dogs) and checking their health status
- Diagnosing illnesses and determining the best course of treatment
- Performing vaccinations, worm/flea treatments, and issuing pet passports for travel, and much more
- Providing nutritional, preventative healthcare and behavioral advice to clients
- Performing basic surgeries (at a clinic) such as spaying, neutering and dentistry
- Responding to emergencies (during normal working hours), or referring clients to emergency treatment centers
- Client care: responding in a timely manner to questions, reviewing blood results and prescribing medicine
- Administration: updating records and providing detailed reports to clients, issuing invoices and taking payments.
Experience and qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree which is recognized by the Dutch Authorities
- 5+ years veterinary experience at a reputable clinic focused on small animals
- Fluent in English, ideally you also speak fluent Dutch. Proficiency in 1+ other European language is a bonus
- You carry a driving licence which is recognized in the Netherlands.
Qualities we look for
- You love supporting clients – we put a lot of time into advising our clients and supporting them through difficult decisions. This is critical to HomeVet’s success
- You go above and beyond the call of duty in caring for patients
- As an exclusively remote veterinary service, you are comfortable driving to client locations on a daily basis. We will support you by grouping appointments within the same location, as much as this is possible
- You are proactive and take initiative to achieve the best outcome for your patients
- Highly organized, you can prioritize and work effectively under pressure when needed
- A team-player – we are a small but very collaborative team, and value all ideas which provide a better service to our clients.
What we offer
- Working hours tailored around your availability (with a minimum of 30 hours per week). No weekend work.
- Competitive compensation
- Chance to work with an exceptionally friendly, low ego team.